Throwback to the nights/ I wish my life would have changed/ sunken into the old memories/of you by my side with our finger tips touched/ remembering the warmth of the old cottage we lived in/ and our friends shipping us// throwback to the nights I'd kissed my own scars/ to love my reflection a lil more/ exploring the eternity of possibilities/ when we stumbled at our steps/ and wished to not get hurt/ still we blew the candles of our cakes// throwback back to the nights/ we hoped for a better year/ and I still remember talking to the stars/ reciting my muses to moon/ drunken and ambitious to grow higher/ and now happy for/ I haven't changed/ with the same spark shimmering in my eyes/ to the times I'd toast to myself// throwback to the nights/ the empty space next to me didn't dread me anymore/ when I didn't stretched the stairs of my store room/ to find our old forgotten parched photographs/ and didn't vomit the vulnerability hidden in me/ and gulped my own salty tears// throwback to the nights / we chased translucent butterflies/ lied on our belly under the olive tree/ making another wish/ amazed at the striking tail/ of the shooting star// throwback to the nights/ when I burnt my oil lamp/ diving deep into the books/ arousing my soul/ to step into the unknown a lil more/ frozen under the blankets/ yearning for more// throwback to the nights/ I wish I had the scar of the lightning bolt/ waving my wand/ reciting the ritual to the spirits in my womb/when I wondered if I had the magic// throwback to the nights/ I got carried away/ in the tempest of unrequited love/ tripping lazily to grab another coffee/ while smelling tulips of my vase// throwback to the nights/ we grinned at our own lame jokes/ and blowed bubbles out of the rim/ with new year eve's fireworks/ visible in the lake/ we sailed over in our tiny boats// throwback to the nights/ we weren't scared of the world/ danced on our own songs/ making shapes in the clouds/ and constellations of freckles on my cheeks/ now stretch marks on my skin// throwback to the nights/ I wasn't sure of myself/ still took the leap/ having faith in thee/ now reaping the seeds of labour/ with your DNA in my lap/ and my finger held in thy small fist/ remembering the Sundays of the long lost times/ now ik I have the magick/ but no one to prove// throwback to the times/ when we cheered the limes/ drank the sour/ now only left with honey of ours/ and ik I'm that ray of sunshine/ drenched in the bohemian rain/ to showcase my own rainbows/ but heaven is a place/ where nothing ever happens/so I lived a lil more// throwback to the nights/ being read by my wrinkled granny/ who always forgot my name/ but always sniffed my scent/ I wish I'd held you a lil longer/ in my arms forbidding death to cripple you/ like dry maple leaves// throwback to the times I only wished to fly high/ like that sky lantern/ to reach you/ to behold you forever/ when I only wished and wished wherever/ now happy for it didn't came true/ still having those fresh visions/ to steal the emerald of your eyes/ and seal it in my heart// throwback to the nights/ I got inspired/ and wrote intentionally making it harder/ for thyself to understand/ counting the purple flowers left in my vase/ still loving myself a lil more/ like the moonlit shadows of wonderland// throwback to the nights/ I munched over the orange wafers/ wandering was it really I wished/ coz there were still some verses left/ groaning in the insides of my neck/ to hum you till death// throwback to the nights/ we wish to escape the reality/ making fairytales of our own/ so cheers to our pamper days/ look how much you've grown/ to this day//
(pc- Pinterest)